Policy 2023. Use of Library Computers.
The Whitefish Community Library has several computers that are available for use by its patrons. This service is an important source of information in the 21st century, and the Library provides computer access at no charge to its patrons. To insure that everyone has access, however, and to protect the collaborative, contemplative atmosphere of the Library, the following rules have been established for use of the computers:
1) every patron is permitted to use the computers for one (1) hour each day.
2) the Library staff may extend that one-hour rule, but only if other patrons are not waiting to use the machines.
3) a few computers are set aside for longer periods of use by Library patrons; users should work with the staff at the circulation desk to schedule those computers.
4) the computers cannot be used for illegal, pornographic or offensive purposes.
5) users cannot damage the computers or attempt to alter or degrade the software.
6) users assume full responsibility for any personal information submitted on the Library’s computers or its wireless internet; neither is a secure medium.
The Whitefish Community Library will not track or record any patron’s use of computer resources. lt will not release any information it has on a patron’s use of its computers except in response to a valid court order or subpoena.
Moved by the Whitefish Community Library Board of Trustees on Feb. 8, 2017
Anne Shaw Moran, chair